Who says you can’t have granola on a low carb diet? This grain free granola is sure to curb your craving for cereal.
When you have been raised on grains your entire life sometimes it’s hard to let go of the familiar. Oats and I have had a sordid affair for years! I love everything oats! Bread, Granola, Cookies, Overnight Oats, Steel Cut, Old Fashioned, Quick… but especially GRANOLA!
I like em big, I like em chunky…I like em big, I like em plumpy. I’m referring to my grain-free granola preferences of course.
You shouldn’t be surprised to know I’ll sift through the granola box to find the giant clumps. The BIG chunks are the best part! Something about the texture and crunch of a clump of granola is intensely more satisfying than those little crumbs that fall through the cracks of your fingers. Those crumbs are a straight-up health hazard!
How many times have you been eating dry cereal and you accidentally inhaled the leftover crumbs at the bottom of the box? Suddenly you’re choking and reaching for a glass of milk to save your life.
Yup, like I said. Dangerous. After trying various recipes, I’m sure you will love this one! The nuts and seeds add heart-healthy unsaturated fats and some protein. The other bonus is can substitute nuts and seeds to fit your personal preferences.
You may never go back after tasting this recipe. It’s like chunky, clumpy, plumpy crack. But made from nutritious ingredients like almonds, coconut and Monkfruit Syrup. Try it on the Creamy Crack Greek Yogurt or the Mixed Berry Smoothie Bowl… sweet Jesus it’s good.
I would love to hear what you have for breakfast!
The Best Keto Granola
- February 11, 2019
- 45 min
- 442 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 3/4 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Almond Slivers
- 2 Tbs Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbs Flax Seeds
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Pepitas
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup Monkfruit Maple Flavored Syrup
- Step 1
- Preheat your oven to 350˚
- Step 2
- Place all nuts ins a Ziploc bag and coarsely crush into smaller pieces
- Step 3
- Into a large bowl add the chopped nuts and seeds, the melted coconut oil, Monkfruit Maple Syrup and the eggs. Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated
- Step 4
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the granola mixture out into a flat even layer
- Step 5
- Bake for about 20 minutes, Rotate tray in the oven and continue to cook checking often (every couple minutes) until golden brown. Be careful not to burn
- Step 6
- Allow it to cool down entirely then break the granola with your hands into small pieces
- Step 7
- Serve it with keto yogurt, smoothie bowl or with unsweetened milk.