Just one bite of this ball of goodness and you will feel like you have died and gone to heaven. Eating a Peanut Butter Paradise Fat Bomb will feel like you are cheating on your diet but your not! This heavenly treat is packed with protein and sugar free. If you are following the Keto way of eating each Bomb is only 2.5 Net Carbs!
I have been sugar free since the the beginning of the year with the exception of a cheat day every couple of weeks. I was craving something sweet one day and had been trying to decide what I could throw together that would be quick and would not make a large quantity. Exploring the world of Fat Bombs there was a lot of ideas. What I really wanted was one of the Reese’s Peanut Butter cups that were in the candy dish on the counter. This recipe was my attempt to make a healthier version of a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
Peanut butter is one of those ingredients that I consider to be a staple. Although it may not be the best choice of nut for the Ketogenic lifestyle I think its OK in moderation. These Fat Bombs only have six ingredients and the best part is that the recipe only make four Fat Bombs. Trust me this is a good thing because once you taste it, it will be difficult to restrain yourself from eating the entire batch in one sitting.
The ingredients are Peanut Butter, Almond Flour, Monkfruit Sweetener, Vanilla Powder, Lilly Chocolate Chips and Pecans.
I prefer a crunchy peanut butter so that is what I used for this recipe. I get more satisfaction from crunchy food. Substituting a cream peanut butter would be good as well. The only thing that you need to make sure of is that your peanut butter does not contain any sugar. I opt for a natural peanut butter that contains peanuts and salt.
Almond Flour will help to bind you Fat Bomb together helping to keep its shape.
My go to sweetener for just about everything it the Monkfruit Sweetener w/ Erythritol. In my opinion, its the BEST keto-friendly sweetener.
– it doesn’t spike your blood sugar,
– it’s completely safe and
– has a very fresh & natural sweet taste.
I opted to use Vanilla Powder instead of Vanilla Extract. Vanilla powder is more concentrated than an extract so I used 1/4 of a teaspoon. If you want you can use a sugar free Vanilla Extract. If you decide to make this substitution than you will want to use 1/2 a teaspoon.
When it comes to flavor pairings, nothing beats chocolate and peanut butter. It has to be one of my favorite combos when it comes to snacking or desserts, or just eaten together!
Peanut Butter Paradise Fat Bombs
- February 5, 2019
- 50 min
- 141 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 2 Tbs Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbs Almond Flour
- 1 Tbs Monkfruit Sweetener Classic
- 1/4 tsp Wild Vanilla Powder
- 1.75 oz Lilly's Chocolate Chips (melted)
- 1 oz) Pecans (Chopped)
- Reserved Dough
- 1 Tbs Heavy Whipping Cream
- Step 1
- Mix Peanut Butter, Almond Flour, Monkfruit Sweetener and Vanilla Powder together and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Step 2
- Remove 1/4 of peanut dough and set aside. With remaining dough form 4 balls using your hands.
- Step 3
- Place the balls in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Step 4
- When balls have been in the freezer for 20 minutes, temper chocolate chips using a double boiler.
- Step 5
- Roll balls in the tempered chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off a bit before placing the balls into the Pecan then place on parchment paper and let the chocolate cool down.
- Step 6
- Heat reserved mixture in microwave melting and stir in heavy whipping cream
- Step 7
- Drizzle over the fat bombs & add top with a few pecans.
- Step 8
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before enjoying them.
- Step 9
- Store covered with plastic wrap in your fridge for 3-4 days.