I’m a morning person. For years I’d rise early so that I could savor the quiet of the house. I would put on a pot of coffee and sit at my kitchen bar or out on the back deck with a cup of coffee and the morning newspaper. Sometimes one of my children would come to the top of the stairs threatening my quiet time. Looking up from my paper I would tell them that it was too early for them to be up and that they needed to go back to bed for a little bit. They would patter back to their room and I would return to the crossword for just a few more minutes in an earnest attempt to finish the puzzle before turning my thoughts to breakfast. Pouring a second cup of coffee I would begin preparing to break our fast.
As long as I can remember breakfast has been my favorite meal of the day. Hot, or cold, it never mattered to me. Times when I would forget to pull something out for dinner, I would cook up a big hot breakfast with biscuits and gravy, hash brown potatoes, bacon and eggs. For some reason the family always thought breakfast foods at dinner were a treat.
One of my favorite quick and on the go choices for breakfast over the last few years is a smoothie or yogurt topped with granola. As of late I have been intrigued with the smoothie breakfast bowls. I mean, what’s not to love about smoothie bowls? They are versatile, delicious, refreshing, colorful, and scream “Good Morning Sunshine.” The options are endless. Choose a fruit or veggie, a liquid like milk or almond milk, a nutritional booster and throw them all in the blender, then beautify your bowl with fruits, nuts and granola!
Today I’m serving a mixed berry smoothie bowl topped featuring my low carb Keto friendly granola and fresh berries. Its pure yumminess in the bowl.
Mixed Berry Smoothie
- February 22, 2019
- 20 min
- 320 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 5 oz Mixed Berries (frozen)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut milk
- 1 scoop Biochem Whey Isolate Protein
- 1 cup Ice
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Coconut (flakes)
- 1/3 cup Best Keto Granola
- 1/3 cup Blueberries
- 1/3 cup Strawberries (Diced)
- 1/3 cup Raspberries
- Step 1
- Blend Mixed Berries, Coconut Milk, Whey protein and Ice until smooth.
- Step 2
- Pour into Bowl and top with Granola, Blueberries, Strawberries Raspberries and Coconut Flakes.
- Step 3
- NOTE: This recipe is very versatile. You can use any type of milk, fruits, and nuts. It is whatever your personal preference. It can be colorful chaos in the bowl. I’m sure whatever you choose it will taste fantastic.