Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings – They turn out super crispy without frying them. Great as an appetizer on game day or entertaining or serve as a main dish with a big salad.
Yes, this is a baked chicken wing recipe using my Air Fryer Oven. They aren’t fried, but you’d never know it. These chicken wings are so super crispy and fall off the bone tender, you’ll wonder why you ever bothered fooling with all that grease and messy cleanup.
I love fried food on occasion, but I have a strong dislike for the cleanup. My stove has grease all over it, my house smells like fried food, and then I have to store the grease someplace for the next time I use it. When frying food, I would set up a table out on my back deck or in the garage if the weather was bad and I would fry outside just to keep the smell from settling on everything in the house.
There’s a funny story behind why I prefer not to fry in the house. Years ago, I had fried chicken in the house, and I had one of my jackets hanging on the back of a chair in the kitchen. I had a girlfriend visiting and we had a fry fest for dinner. The next morning, we went to church and I had to sing on the worship team that morning and when I came down to sit with her in my seat, I kept smelling fried chicken. I leaned over to her and asked her if she smelled fried food and she said “yes.” I then started searching for the source of the smell and it was my jacket that was hanging on a chair in the kitchen the evening before. We struggled not to cause a scene with our laughter in the middle of service. Since then I do not fry food in the house.
So back to these glorious baked wings…
The sauce on these Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings is literally made up of butter, parmesan cheese and mayonnaise. I mean, fat on top of fat on top of fat. I am convinced that’s why these wings taste so good. I’m telling you, you won’t be able to eat just a few…you’re going to keep grabbing for more after each one.
The good thing is that if you follow a low carb diet these are the chicken wings for you. These baked chicken wings are only going to run you about 1 carb per wing. That’s should give you a decent number of wings to eat and still stick to your low carb diet so read on!
Air Fried Parmesan and Garlic Chicken Wings
- February 25, 2019
- 1 hr
- 518 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- 3 lbs. Chicken Wings
- 3/4 Tbs Kosher Salt
- 3/4 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 Tbs Baking Powder
- For the Sauce
- 1 stick of butter, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbs minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese,
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tbs Parsley (chopped)
- Step 1
- Wash and dry chicken wings removing all excess moisture
- Step 2
- Combine Salt Pepper and Baking Powder and place in Ziploc bag
- Step 3
- Add wings to seasoning mixture and shake vigorously to make sure all of the wings are coated
- Step 4
- Remove racks from Air Fryer and spray with olive oil to help prevent sticking. (My Air Fryer oven had 3 racks. I only use 2 for this recipe)
- Step 5
- Place wings on racks making sure they are not touching and place on the top and bottom position inside the oven
- Step 6
- Set temperature to 400˚ and the timer for 20 minutes. When the timer goes off remove the racks and flip wings over and put back into the fryer for another 20 mins.
- Step 7
- Note: You may want to adjust the time you are cooking based on your oven and the size of your wings.
- Step 8
- While the wings are baking start the sauce by adding all the ingredients to a bowl and whisking together. The butter will separate a little as it sits, that’s OK, just whisk it together again before you toss the wings.
- Step 9
- Once the wings are done, toss them in the bowl with the sauce
- Step 10
- Place the wings back on the rack and bake again for 8-10 minutes.